Each year SAINTCON is asked if student groups can attend the conference and participate in the wide-variety of STEM-based programs and events. Our answer has always been YES!
To qualify as a Student Group, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- The organizer must be a K-12 school or school district.
- Each school/district may organize one (1) group to qualify for this program.
- All students in the group are at least 14 years old, and are generally known to be well-behaved.
- All students in the group are registered in the same education school/district which is organizing the group.
- The school will manage all student permission forms, approvals, and liability waivers without any involvement from SAINTCON.
- The school will provide proper supervision for all students with a minimum of one (1) adult to every ten (10) attending students while attending the conference events.
- The school can provide and manage all necessary transportation, lodging, food, and other costs associated with their participation independent of the conference.
- The maximum size of your group cannot exceed twenty-five (25) including supervising adults.
- Student Groups will attend the conference for a minimum of two (2) full days.
Out of necessity, SAINTCON will restrict the number of Student Groups to not exceed a total number of 100 individuals for all groups. Student Groups will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis in the order of form submission.
Once purchased, SAINTCON will be unable to provide refunds for any tickets purchased. This is due to the already at-a-loss financial position of this program.
Student Group tickets are non-transferable once registered. Some accommodations for student replacements can be made onsite, but we prefer that all registered students be accurate in the registration system.
Choice of student pass type must apply to the entire group, no mixing of offered pass options will be allowed.
ID REQUIREMENTS: Students without a government issued ID may be exempt from our ID policy when: The student arrives as part of the group at the time of registration, and is under 18 years of age.
SAINTCON offers the following options for costs:
- Student Deluxe Pass option if you are looking for the best experience. Ticket will include a full electronic conference badge, minibadge, stickers, and t-shirt.
- Super Basic Pass for those looking to come on the cheap. Each student will only receive a plastic-based badge and t-shirt upon entry.
NOTE: ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT EXPECT CHANGES, THESE COSTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL THE TIME OF OPEN ENROLLMENT.
Both options provide full conference access to all presentations, communities, contests, and events, but does not include meals.
Meal Plans can be offered if needed, but due to our venue agreement, we are unable to provide any discount in cost which is approximately $90/person in addition to the above-mentioned costs. We recommend that student groups plan on arranging off-site meals as a cost-saving measure if necessary.
To sign up as a student group, please compile all of the required information and submit a Student Group Request form. Also download and sign the “Student Group Agreement Form” and return it as directed in the signup form.
Student Group enrollment begins July 11, 2022.
If you have additional questions, please contact us for clarification.